July 8, 2008

Malawi Meditations - Week 3

Malawi Meditations
Malawi 0808
Week 3 (July 14-20)
Meditations Before We Depart

Why are we going to Malawi? 3) To proclaim Christ’s love.

Scripture to think about this week:

Matthew 5:13-16
13 "You are the salt of the earth. But if the salt loses its saltiness, how can it be made salty again? It is no longer good for anything, except to be thrown out and trampled by men.
14 "You are the light of the world. A city on a hill cannot be hidden. 15 Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house. 16 In the same way, let your light shine before men, that they may see your good deeds and praise your Father in heaven.

Questions to ponder this week:

• How might the people in Malawi be able to taste the goodness of Jesus through my attitude while I am with them?

• How can I shine the light of Jesus through the sharing of my testimony? What stories from my life can I share that will show how wonderful Jesus is to others?

• What can I do now to prepare myself to be salt and light while in Malawi? Are there any troublesome attitudes that I have right now that I need to deal with before I go?

No comments: