April 29, 2008

Featured Member-Sandi Thompson

As mentioned before, a member of the team will be featured every so often on the blog. This is so you will learn more about the individuals on the team. This time the featured person is Sandi Thompson. She will be going to Malawi with her husband and two kids, who we will feature later.

Personal Questions:
Name: Sandi Thompson

Age: You know!

Fun Questions:
Favorite ice cream: peppermint or mint chocolate chip

Favorite movie or TV: old time movies (Casablanca, Roman Holiday, etc..) or any history related movie

Serious Questions:
Why do you want to go to Africa? After I heard Steve Spencer speak I knew I was supposed to go to Africa. I had been praying for almost a year about a mission's trip for my family and nothing that came up seemed right. As soon as I heard about this trip, it seemed perfect. My family has been involved with teaching and working with kids and part of my family is athletic for the sport's camp.

What is your favorite Bible verse? My favorite Bible verse is Joshua 1:9 "Have I not commanded you be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified, do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you may go."

What are you looking forward to when you get to Africa? I am so excited to go just to help out and to get to know the Spencers and the Days. I know I'll be exhausted and I'm not sure about all I will do, but I'm excited for the chance to just follow what the Lord will have me do, whether it will be moving books, painting, or whatever!! If I'm doing what the Lord wants me to do, I will be blessed beyond anything I can think of.

Do you have any specific prayer requests? Unity in our group, details to be done here; including finances, prayer for those we will be ministering to in Africa

No comments: